Jill A. Cossman
For over 25 years, Jill A. Cossman has represented entrepreneurial and mid-size companies in purchasing and selling business assets, as well as debt and equity financing in connection with such transactions.
Ms. Cossman is President and Member of Board of Directors of Women's Leadership Counsel, an organization of senior-ranking women committed to making a positive contribution to the next generation of women leaders in the community. She is also a Member of the Board of Directors of the Center for Civic Mediation. Jill A. Cossman is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association and American Bar Association.
Ms. Cossman has represented clients in real estate development, education, landscape services, boxing promotion, advertising, entertainment and other areas in a wide range of business and contract matters. Among the matter she has handled:
- Represented one of the largest privately-held landscape services companies in the United States in connection with a series of strategic asset acquisitions of regional landscape construction and landscape maintenance businesses, ranging in size from $3 million to $30 million.
- Represented Galaxy Institute for Education in connection with a gift to the University of Southern California for an endowed chair in the Department of Education.
- Represented a syndicator of apartment projects in a series of equity raises for acquisitions of apartment projects in Southern California aggregating approximately $350 million.
- Represented Olympic Gold Medalist and World Champion boxer Oscar De La Hoya individually and Golden Boy Promotions, his boxing promotion company, in a variety of matters, including grants of equity interests to certain of the company's boxers.
- Served as General Counsel for a company engaged in in-home sales of linens and accessories in connection with its formation and a multi-million dollar equity infusion.
Connecticut College for Women, B.A., Cum Laude.
University of Southern California Law Center, J.D.